Nevertheless, according to The Washington Post:
James J. Lee divided the world into good and bad. According to his writings on a Web site he created, people were bad, especially "parasitic" babies.
Animals and bugs were good, Lee wrote. But war was bad, along with global warming, pollution and international trade.
As for civilization?
The environmental militant who was killed Wednesday at the end of a tense hostage standoff at Discovery Communications headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, termed it "filth."...
...Lee, who once listed a Silver Spring homeless center as his address but who had inherited property in Hawaii that he sold for $90,000, held extreme views about the environment. According to writings on the Internet, he believed that humanity had polluted the planet and that human reproduction was the worst pollutant.
"Humans are the most destructive, filthy, pollutive creatures around and are wrecking what's left of the planet with their false morals and breeding culture," he wrote in an 11-point Internet communique that authorities said was similar to demands he made Wednesday...
... Many of his notions seem to stem from his reading of author Daniel Quinn's novel "My Ishmael," about a telepathic ape who teams with a 12-year-old girl to save the planet.
On a Web site that federal law enforcement sources confirmed was created by Lee and contained his 11 points, he listed his demands of the Discovery Channel.
Among them: that the channel stop broadcasting "all programs promoting war" and help find ways to stop "ALL immigration pollution and the anchor baby filth that follows that," as well as find "solutions for Global Warming, Automotive pollution, International Trade, factory pollution, and the whole blasted human economy."
"Saving the Planet means . . . decreasing the Human population. That means stopping the human race from breeding any more disgusting human babies!"
Lee argued that "nothing is more important" than saving animals: "The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels."
"The planet does not need humans."
He also demanded that the company broadcast daily shows based on Quinn's book.
On Lee's MySpace page, he lists his heroes as Quinn and James T. Kirk, a fictional protagonist in "Star Trek," the science-fiction television series.
Below are some of Mr. Lee's demands. My favourite is #7 (emphasis mine).
1. The Discovery Channel and it's affiliate channels MUST have daily television programs at prime time slots based on Daniel Quinn's "My Ishmael" pages 207-212 where solutions to save the planet would be done in the same way as the Industrial Revolution was done, by people building on each other's inventive ideas. Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution. A game show format contest would be in order. Perhaps also forums of leading scientists who understand and agree with the Malthus-Darwin science and the problem of human overpopulation. Do both. Do all until something WORKS and the natural world starts improving and human civilization building STOPS and is reversed! MAKE IT INTERESTING SO PEOPLE WATCH AND APPLY SOLUTIONS!!!!
2. All programs on Discovery Health-TLC must stop encouraging the birth of any more parasitic human infants and the false heroics behind those actions. In those programs' places, programs encouraging human sterilization and infertility must be pushed. All former pro-birth programs must now push in the direction of stopping human birth, not encouraging it.
4. Civilization must be exposed for the filth it is. That, and all its disgusting religious-cultural roots and greed. Broadcast this message until the pollution in the planet is reversed and the human population goes down! This is your obligation. If you think it isn't, then get hell off the planet! Breathe Oil! It is the moral obligation of everyone living otherwise what good are they??
7. Develop shows that mention the Malthusian sciences about how food production leads to the overpopulation of the Human race. Talk about Evolution. Talk about Malthus and Darwin until it sinks into the stupid people's brains until they get it!!
8. Saving the Planet means saving what's left of the non-human Wildlife by decreasing the Human population. That means stopping the human race from breeding any more disgusting human babies! You're the media, you can reach enough people. It's your resposibility because you reach so many minds!!!
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. Romans 1:25
Have you ever noticed that those who claim that human beings are so destructive to the planet and environment never act on their professed beliefs by voluntarily removing themselves from the human population? The only person I can think of who followed such beliefs to their logical conclusion was Tooker Gomberg, who grew up in a relatively wealthy family in Montreal and made his way west to Edmonton, where he spent many years as an environmental activist and managed to get elected to city council in 1992. I can’t recall anyone who was so imprisoned by what Paul Johnson, in his book Intellectuals (1988), called the "heartless tyranny of ideas." Mr. Gomberg was so captive to his environmentalist ideology that he allowed it to submerge his more natural human instincts. He lost a bid for re-election in 1995, failed in subsequent attempts to gain public office, and moved to Halifax, where, in 2004, he committed suicide at the age of 48 by jumping off a bridge. At that, the possibility exists that it may have been the use of the anti-depressant drug Remeron, and not the logical conclusion of environmentalist ideology, that inspired Mr. Gomberg to make his exit.
HT: Vox Popoli